Slight jerk sometimes in steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I was wondering if any one has experienced this? When I get up to about 65-70 if I slightly move my steering wheel to the right or sometimes the left, not always, but sometimes their is a small slight jerk that direction in my steering. I am used to it now and hold it to keep it from doing it much, but it is kinda annoying, and I don't want it to be something that is gonna just fall apart going down the road one day.:nono: Thanks

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year is your truck? Mine is a '99 and has a sensor on the steering column. I replaced that and it resolved the same issue. Mine was never at that speed, but going around corners at 45-50.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What year is your truck? Mine is a '99 and has a sensor on the steering column. I replaced that and it resolved the same issue. Mine was never at that speed, but going around corners at 45-50.
I had this issue with my 97 a long time ago. I took it to the Chevy dealer, and they changed the sensor on the column. It never did it again.

Reaction score
Yeah mine is a 97 so theirs a sensor? I shall look into that mine does it after some corners and very seldom on cornering.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's the Evo sensor.you can unplug it from the back of the power steering pump or at the column.see if it still twitch's

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could this by why my steering randomly gets bad like I have no power steering? It's completely random and only last a minute or 2.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah they are easy to replace. I think at Autozone it was called a steering speed sensor