Skid plates for 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew_M_14

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get ahold of skid plates for 2wds? I know the 4x4 came with them but I’m trying to get something to at least cover the bottom of the radiator and things like that. Ideally I want it to go all the back and cover the oil pan. I don’t have access to a welder so I’m trying to figure out what the best way to do this is
Did you ever find a solution for 2wd Skid Plates?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don't understand why folks call the front plate a skid plate. What the hell is getting up in there? To me it seems more effective at keeping air from getting in behind the radiator which helps the pressure differential across the cores.

Andrew_M_14

Reaction score
I don't understand why folks call the front plate a skid plate. What the hell is getting up in there? To me it seems more effective at keeping air from getting in behind the radiator which helps the pressure differential across the cores.
Idk what to call it I’m mainly worried about corn stalks and stuff getting up in there after we harvest.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s technically called a “Shield”.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

I could definitely see it protecting against sticks/branches in the woods. It probably does a good job of keeping the area from scooping massive quantities of air, as you suggest to.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't understand why folks call the front plate a skid plate.

Habit. Like "Emergency brake" The cable operated far left pedal will NEVER stop the vehicle in an emergency.
I would've called it an "air dam" but that would be confused for the plastic valence panel directly under the bumper...

What the hell is getting up in there? To me it seems more effective at keeping air from getting in behind the radiator which helps the pressure differential across the cores.

That's exactly what it  is designed for. There on the 4x4s, yet not needed on the 2wd?