Single In/Dual Out best muffler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gWindy

Reaction score
Have a 1990 K1500 5.0 and looking to get a good loud sound and still have a good low rumble. Don't won't something that pops too much at higher RPMs.
Been doing a lot of research and looks like 3'in/2.5'out is the best way to go. Just curious as to what brand. Flo 10s,44,40. Magnaflow, Gibson, Spintec? Also want to keep it simple for now since I"m stationed in Hawaii and have to follow inspection laws and must keep cats. Once I get back to Georgia I plan on doing more. Thanks for any opinions.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The thrush welded chambered muffler is pretty sweet and sounds great. I had one on my '90 k1500 5 speed also with 305. Sounded awesome but mine was 3" in 3" out

gWindy

Reaction score
Thanks. Looked into those. Not sure if they're as loud as I'd like. Any chance you have a video clip of your truck with it?

gWindy

Reaction score
Damn that sounds awesome! That's the sound I'm looking for. How do you get by passing inspection in NY? I was stationed in upstate new york in Watertown and had a mustang with no cats, but I had it registered in Georgia so I didn't have to do an inspection. I'm asking because I'm currently in Hawaii and have to get inspectionss even if the truck is registered in GA.

gWindy

Reaction score
Here is my truck with the thrush welded muffler. No cat. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zgO12U1PvRU
This is plenty loud!

Damn that sounds awesome! That's the sound I'm looking for. How do you get by passing inspection in NY? I was stationed in upstate new york in Watertown and had a mustang with no cats, but I had it registered in Georgia so I didn't have to do an inspection. I'm asking because I'm currently in Hawaii and have to get inspectionss even if the truck is registered in GA.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

In NY cats are not mandatory unless the vehicle is '96 and up.