Silverado 6.0 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just sold my 97 Suburban and I am picking up my next truck hopefully tomorrow. A little history, for some strange reason, this truck caught my eye the first time I saw it a few years ago at a show. It wasn't the prettiest, and it wasn't the newest, but it sure was pretty cool. Ive been friends with the owner for awhile, and he sold it last summer. I really wanted it back then, but I didn't have the money for it. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I ran into the new owner (Facebook, of all places!). Ended up doin some mudding with him. And what do you know he offered it to me for 7k. Keep in mind, my friend beat on it a little, and it needed alot of work. The next owner fixed it all up mechanically and changed it from a Chevy front clip to a GMC front clip. It's in way better shape now, and I am really excited to finally get my dream truck.
Sorry for the long story, lol!

On to the specs. It is a 2000 Silverado 2500 eclb. Got the 6.0 motor wish custom intake and exhaust. pro comp suspension with 3" body lift, on 37"s. Traction bars too. Also has a set of 40"s to go with it. Frame has zero rot, which is unusual for a northeastern truck.
Plans are to fix up the body make it nice again, add a cowl hood and maybe a lightbar. And just drive it and enjoy it :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got her home yesterday. Got the tires and a bunch of spare parts out with the help of a friend. 2 spare mud grapplers, and a set of 40"s!

Gave it a well needed interior cleaning. This was before. It was dirty for the longest time.

After some vacuuming and some interior cleaner, it looks much better.

Gave her a quick wash.

Getting her on the road Monday....i cant wait!

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's been on the road!! First thing I did was drive a few towns over and get some pizza to celebrate with a friend. Drives perfectly!

Flexing it out a little at work

Picked up some new floor mats for the front at Pep Boys.

Uh ohh! Rear wheel seal was leaking. I have been adding gear oil constantly to keep up with it. I took it apart to clean all the sludge that's accumulated.

Taking it in next Thursday to have it fixed :) Still no major upgrades and I have not had the time or money yet to start doing work to it, but I have been driving and enjoying it.

However, I am really considering changing it back to how it's supposed to be....Chevy front clip. Can anyone tell me what's involved in that? Changing radiator mounts, wiring harnesses etc?

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Lookin good. I would debadge the tailgate too if you're keeping the GMC grille. The GMC front end definitely looks better than the Chevy on that generation.