Should I replace my O2 sensors?

Should I replace my O2 sensors (98 with 5.7L and 217k miles) ?

• Yes, replace just for maintenance

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No, only replace if engine light coming on

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm going on course for about 4 months, so I guess I don't need to decide until I get back haha. If I do replace them what brand do you guys recommend? I was looking at OEM replacements or Bosch, any opinions on that or other suggestions?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stick with OEM for sure. Personally though, I say don't fix it if it ain't broke. My '97 Suburban is still running factory O2 sensors with zero issues. The only reason I replaced them on my red truck was that I replaced the entire exhaust system from headers back and it just made sense.

Unless you're getting a CEL, I'd leave them alone.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Speakin of o2 sensors, my CEL just keeps going on and off for em so idk if they're out or not, usually changes with the weather, I'll prolly just go ahead and do em when I redo exhaust

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I m out that way a lot I'm living in Bryant now used to live in Cabot. anytime you need help working on something get a hold of me. I also have scan tool that can do anything you would need with these trucks

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do have a '88 with a cold start issue ive been needing to hook to a scanner and check its vitals during warm up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk