Shorty Headers Vs Longtube Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
They pick up a couple HP but more than that is the amount of weight they save. Stock manifolds are boat anchors. LTs are better for non-towing road goers. The shorties give more out of the whole go than LTs but aren't noticeably better on the big end. I prefer LTs for the sound and flow characteristics at high RPMs. But shorties are certainly an upgrade by cutting a lot of weight and flow a little better.

I don't agree with this post. You're worried about 10 pounds of manifolds on a 2.5 ton truck? Shorties give more out of the hole? I put shorties in the came category as roller tip rockers, that of complete uselessness.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
LT's are better, But shorties are better than manifolds. LT's require a decent ammount of exhaust modification while shorties can be bolted right in, either setup can be made smog legal. also any engine noise,such as noist lifters lifters, will be louder with headers since they are thinner walled.