shocks advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive got a 96 silverado k1500 lifted 6susp 3 body

i love my truck

im not sure what kind of shocks are on it but im pretty sure they are junk

i want to know what im looking for in shocks here

my buddy got some pro comp es1000 off ebay and they are a joke

in fact he put his old ones back on in the rear

im looking at the es9000 because i want a good gas shock that makes my truck feel nice and tight and sturdy

its all over the road now and this has been a long time coming

any ideas?

im looking at the mx6 pro comp and the bilstien

the only thing is i wonder why the bilstien 4-6" lift truck shocks say 4-6 in front 2-4 in back

is it because my blocks are not 6 inches?

need advice

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was all about getting some 7100s for my truck ( i do alot of sand dune playing ) but im going to go with some standard ranchos for now so i can finish buying the things i really want/ need. those 7100s are about $179 a pop but i belive they are completly rebuildable. if i had a boatload of money i would have them on every lifted vehical i own! get bilstein! and remember its pronounced BILL-STEIN he is the owner/ creator or whatever. i just hate hearing people say blistein or w/e, just and fyi

Farmerdan91

Reaction score
I have a 98 chevy silverado with no suspension lift and a 2 inch body lift, what kind of shocks would ya guys suggest? and fairly reasonable price

Farmerdan91

Reaction score
Do you by chance know a product number or a specific name of shock? I go off road hoppin fields and stuff quite a bit, but do in town drivin every day for school.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No I don't know a part number.. I do plan on getting a set soon... Rock Auto prolly has the best prices. I still have the original shocks on mine at 177k!

Farmerdan91

Reaction score
Nice! i was just gonna get on rockauto to see what they have to offer, thanks man