Shock Fitment / Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well ever since i got my truck a couple years ago i was told the front shocks needed replaced, Ive put it off and put it off and figured i should just do it.

I was reccomended the Monroe Reflex monotube shocks from my mechanic but ive heard so many good things about the Bilstein 5100s on ride quality and havent heard any negatives.

Idk if i read right but the 5100s are for 2-4 inch lifted trucks?? Im not lifted at all but i want the truck to ride better and id really like the 5100s but if they arent for a stock truck or itd be pointless to buy now (since im not lifting yet) or if i should go with the monroes or something else?

Hydengr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bilstein 5100 series is for lifted applications. Since your suspension is stock, you’ll want to look at the Bilstein 4600 series. Many on this Forum including myself have them and love them. Bilstein in not the cheapest shock out there but one of, if not, the best. (2nd best mod to my truck to date).

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is a 2" lift from cranking and using blocks considered a "lifted truck" when shopping for Bilsteins? I have a 98 2 door Tahoe 4x4 that has a 2" poor mans lift and I need new shocks. I just dont know if the 4600 series ones will work or not

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To the OP not sure if you wheel your truck or if it sees only pavement if its a street truck Belltech makes a good set for the gmt400 Tahoe (stock height) should have the same for your truck, heard great things about them if its a street only truck

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk