shackles and hanger question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brocks 97

Reaction score
I am trying to find out if anyone knows if a 3" shackle and 2" hanger combo will hit the bed at the shackle. I have started my drop but due to my wheel choice I may need to lower another inch and go with a 3" hanger.

I am doing a 2" belltech spindles in front and belltech 2" hanger and 2" shackles, I am also waiting on my bilstein (dang shipping times)

Thanks
Brock

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2" shackles hit the bed... Requires notching the bed support and massaging the bed floor a bit.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Some 2" shackles hit, some don't. My '98's did, but not my '97's. Same manufacturer. If you have doubt if they'll rub, grind down the tops a bit on a grinder. They don't hit by much, so you won't have to take off a lot. IIRC, there's a fair amount of metal on the tops of the shackles. You would probably only need to take off maybe 3/8"-1/2". 1/2" may be pushing it, though. Depends on how close that brings you to that mounting hole. Making the tops nice & round would help, too.
3" will not work unless you wanna mod the box floor.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The leaf spring is what hits the bed and not the shackle.

You must be registered for see images attach

brocks 97

Reaction score
My truck is an extended cab short bed. I will report the fitment on them as soon as I get to that point. I have to get a rust encapsulator and treat the frame. I just got the bed off today and have a few things to do before I get to the lowering. I am making my c notch for future use with 6" schedule 4o pype, and boxing the frame for 18" on each side.