Severe passenger side tire toe after replacing all front end components

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCrawler87

Reaction score
Hey guys..I have a 94 gmc k1500 and just finished replacing tie rods,sway bar links,upper and lower ball joints,idler arm and bracket,pitman arm..I also installed 3" lift keys and flipped the upper ball joints to the underside of the control arm until I get new ones to accommodate the lift...now my passenger front tire is toed out severely and there's no adjustment left in the tie rods to pull it in...any ideas what could be causing this?

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe the other one is toed out too, so that when it's straight it makes the other one look even worse. When I replace tie rods I set them on the bench and make them match as close as possible to the old ones before putting them in, just so I don't have to deal with that.

Are you sure the tie rod parts all match? Maybe something got packaged in the wrong box.

MallCrawler87

Reaction score
They were ordered online as a set..I ended up taking the passenger side tie rods and cutting them and it isn't near as bad now...plan on taking it to alignment shop and having them replace them if they say they can't align it

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was the steering gear on it's center point (High point)?

Was the vehicle at ride height?

^^^ Both of those are ESSENTIAL.

As said...possibly incorrect parts.

MallCrawler87

Reaction score
Was the steering gear on it's center point (High point)?

Was the vehicle at ride height?

^^^ Both of those are ESSENTIAL.

As said...possibly incorrect parts.
Yes steering was at correct point and at ride height...I ended up taking some off of each tie rod to give me some adjustment room and also replaced all control arm bushings and that corrected it as far as I can tell