Seeking Suggestions on my 454 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lamogo33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I repinned the ECM connectors from my 1990 ECM (1228747) for a 1994 ECM (16197427). With the right diagram and the new connectors, it was a piece of cake. Here is where I got the info for mine - http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-In...ersion-PCM-Swap-with-Wiring-Pinout-Directions!

There are some small harness adapters out there for the IAC and TPS to make the 350 TBI wiring plug-and-play with a 454 TB.

Thanks! I came across that thread yesterday and have printed it out and have studied it. This morning I purchased new red/blue connectors and the adapter for the IAC. As soon as the arrive I'll dig into it. :)

BTW is your truck a 700R4 truck? If so did you get the TCC lockup to work with the computer? Seems there is conflicting information about it working with the 427 ECM.

Reaction score
I Just did a 94 to 92 cab swap had to change the dash wiring computers all of it . Cluster everything was different even cut firewall for the larger plug for computer harness. Took a day to rewire . Worked great until owners nephew plowing snow wasnt stopping in reverse broke everything so bad the output shaft locked up.

lamogo33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Just did a 94 to 92 cab swap had to change the dash wiring computers all of it . Cluster everything was different even cut firewall for the larger plug for computer harness. Took a day to rewire . Worked great until owners nephew plowing snow wasnt stopping in reverse broke everything so bad the output shaft locked up.

That does sound like a lot of work. I hope just repining my current harness will solve it for now.

Sorry about it going south on ya. Might be picking your brain later if I continue to have problems. See ya!