Sean's 92 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, figured I'd finally make a thread on my truck so my questions can all end up in the same place lol

I've got a 92 Sierra, 5.7, 2 wheel drive that I found in the back of an old buy here pay here place under a tree left to sit for a few months. She's come a good ways since I bought her, but still needs more of course! Currently the mod list is modest, but noticeable:

4" spindle lift
2" drop shackle (PO installed, I plan to go to stock + 2" block)
1.5" wheel spacer/adapters
15x10 Centerline alloy wheels from my old F150
Niteshaded (the ugly ass chrome, LED impersonation) tail lights
Black housing headlights and turn signals
Summit Racing single chamber muffler

So she sits pretty clean aside from the bad paint and dinged up bed

You must be registered for see images

But that also brings me to 2 questions. First off, my AC control is non functional. It was working on the test drive of the truck, and then when I pressed the OFF button, it proceeded to kill the screen and it became a dash ornament. I took it all apart and found a connection had burned up a part of the screen. Whatever. Went to the junkyard today, found 2 more, and both were like mine, with non functioning screens, leading nothing in my HVAC system to work. Seeing as they were as old as my original, I figured no big deal, it's 22 year old electronics. So my question: Is there a way to test the connector harness in my dash to make sure it's working properly, before I drop $200 on a new control? Or maybe someone has a working one for sale? :)

Part in question(random pic from google, but it's the right control unit):
You must be registered for see images attach

And then question number 2: What is the proper way to mount this grille? Is there drilling involved? I picked up a '95ish Sierra grille at the yard today and it's a little rigged on at the moment. The top mounts all line up, but the bottom 2 bolts for the grille are nowhere close to where my OE '92 grille bolted in

Last edited:

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
great looking truck. squat looks okay too. the grille mounting us differently. you need the piece that goes under it and the pieces under the fenders. all interchangeable but needed to fit the grille properly

Sent from my 350 powered iPhone

Reaction score
great looking truck. squat looks okay too. the grille mounting us differently. you need the piece that goes under it and the pieces under the fenders. all interchangeable but needed to fit the grille properly

Sent from my 350 powered iPhone

Well very, very cool, thank you! I have the lower filler panel, grabbed that today as well as it was in better shape than the old one. Had I done any research and not been impulsive, I would have grabbed those fender filler pieces as well. That does explain why it didn't all fit right at first. Looks like I'll get back at it tomorrow and complete the job. Thanks!

Reaction score
Thanks! Its hard to believe sometimes its got 180k on it. Supposedly it has a newer (or rebuilt) motor in it too :)

Reaction score
These were the day I brought this truck home. It sure has come a long way since being rescued from that car lot! Nowhere near done yet

Reaction score
Here she is with the 90% properly fitted '96 front clip, and my new '96 Bandit 600.

And just to clarify, this grille swap is not direct bolt in. There are no holes in my header panel for the lower fill piece under the grille to bolt to the truck. It's pretty much wedged in there. It ain't going anywhere but definitely not fully proper lol

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Here she is with the 90% properly fitted '96 front clip, and my new '96 Bandit 600.

And just to clarify, this grille swap is not direct bolt in. There are no holes in my header panel for the lower fill piece under the grille to bolt to the truck. It's pretty much wedged in there. It ain't going anywhere but definitely not fully proper lol

Did you pick up all of the filler panels? You need all of them for it to bolt up

Sent while pulling out a Ford