Seals and Gaskets forSF 9.5" 14bolt.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like the title says, I'm gonna need all the seals and such for the rear end in my truck. I will have to pull the axles completely to get them drum mounts all the way off, so everything. What all do I need and what brand should I buy?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess would be just the axel seals and the pan gasket. As to what brand I have no idea.

While your in there though might as well replace the axel bearings

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the kind of stuff I'm lookin for. Anybody got any experience with certain brands, good or bad?

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, again, there's not much there.

Just use some 'The Right Stuff' from Permatex to seal the cover. Try really hard not to damage the shaft seals when you pull the shafts. The seals are an integral part of the bearing unit and you have to replace the whole thing on the 9.5. IIRC they're $60/side.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used National brand from oreilly's for my 10 bolt rear and t-case. I have had no problems. Not sure if it's the best or not but seems to work fine for me.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, again, there's not much there.

Just use some 'The Right Stuff' from Permatex to seal the cover. Try really hard not to damage the shaft seals when you pull the shafts. The seals are an integral part of the bearing unit and you have to replace the whole thing on the 9.5. IIRC they're $60/side.

That's good to know. I've heard that people have better luck with "The Right Stuff" than a regular old diff cover gasket. I'll probably be using this.

I have used National brand from oreilly's for my 10 bolt rear and t-case. I have had no problems. Not sure if it's the best or not but seems to work fine for me.

That's always an option, just pick up something at the local parts house. But with this rear end being very different and hard to find I thought they may not have anything for it.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just go in and ask for ther correct parts for a 94 chevy 2500(or heavy half) 6 lug axle they should be able to find somethin

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if the axle bearings and seals would be the same or not. I know the rears are different lengths, could be due to the smaller brakes on the SS, but not sure if the axles are the same or not.