seafoamed my new 95

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yup!

If you did your motor for the first time ever then redid it a month later, its going to blow less smoke the second time.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How often do you guys seafoam your motors? Is it really as simple as what I am seeing on youtube? 1/3 booster, 1/3 oil, 1/3 fuel tank?

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
mine was the opposite. i have done mine twice since i got it and the first time i did it i got no smoke at all. the second time it smoked like holy hell for 20 min.

also, has anyone seen a before and after of what seafoam does to a motor? just curious, i have never heard anything bad about the product but also have never seen proof of what it does, unlike other products that do nothing and have several before and after or other proof the say it performs miracles on your motor.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The first time I did it I got a **** load of smoke and I ran it through the brake booster vac line. I've heard that you're supposed to do 1/3 vac, 1/3 oil, 1/3 gas tank. Also if you put it in your oil you're supposed to change the oil very soon.

Also I've heard to run it through the pcv valve so you get both heads, where running it through the vac line just gets one head?? Any truth to that?

I've seen where some people run it through until the engine kills itself, but that doesn't seem like such a good idea (hydrolock)

When do you know to turn off the engine and wait and let it sit? Just after you get done pouring? I did it so long ago I can't remember.

Need to do this soon.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
it tells you how long i think. like you pour it in and then start the truck and let it run for like 5 min and then shut it off. i did mine 2 years ago so i dont remember exactly

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to Seafoam my 95 but things might get ugly if I did it in my neighborhood because I live on a culdesac.

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck needs to seafoamed badly just got to think of a remote area so i don't piss off the neighbors