sbc 350 tbi intake on aftermarket aluminium heads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loydw

Reaction score
Today I was installing an ELderbrock tbi intake on to my newly rebuilt 350. it has after market aluminum heads which were bought from the machine shop and he uses them a lot. the middle set of bolts will not line up. the head bolt holes are the wrong angle. do i have a non compatible setup? do I need a standard intake with a tbi adapter if so what intake? thanks

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The angle of the 2 center bolts on 87-95 heads are at a different angle the 86 and older. Either slot the intake holes and grind a flat spot for the bolt head or get an old school intake and make a tbi adapter.

Loydw

Reaction score
call elderbrock and they said tbi intake only works on tbi heads, so order a 3701, adapter plate and gaskets. that is what I get for not doing my home work. Anyone want a tbi intake cheep?

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
call elderbrock and they said tbi intake only works on tbi heads, so order a 3701, adapter plate and gaskets. that is what I get for not doing my home work. Anyone want a tbi intake cheep?

How cheap are you talking if you really want to get rid of it?

Loydw

Reaction score
ill give you like 25 bucks with shipping, otherwise redrill the holes its not that hard.

redrilling is an option but the chance of hitting a water jacket or intake channel is high. I like to do things correctly so new intake is on the way. Want $200 for the intake it is 269 on summit. we shall see

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
your redliinng the intake holes, if you hit a water hjacket ill be thoroughly thoroughly impressed. other option and wuite frankly a better one is find a cheap edelbrock intake on crasiglist and buy the adapter, otherwise your not using the heads potential at all.

Loydw

Reaction score
your redliinng the intake holes, if you hit a water hjacket ill be thoroughly thoroughly impressed. other option and wuite frankly a better one is find a cheap edelbrock intake on crasiglist and buy the adapter, otherwise your not using the heads potential at all.

Tyler you are quite right about not using the full potential of the heads. I did get 3701 intake with the adapter and ran into other problems, egr valve would not fit and the fuel pressure gauge adapter I got will not work, but such is the problems with aftermarket stuff.

It is an Edelbrock intake manifold 3704 to be used on a TBI motor 88-94 must use tbi heads it lists for 299 on summit will sell for 200