SAS shocks question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh_hawk

Reaction score
I'm currently finishing up my SAS on my 98 Silverado and need some info on what size shocks I should run. The truck is roughly 15-17 inches of lift in the front. Anybody have a recommendation on what length and travel my new shocks should be? Truthfully I am just not entirely too familiar with shocks on a lift this size. Truck will be on the road mostly with weekends in the mud so not looking to do any insane flex on the suspension.
Thanks.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Easiest way to figure out is flex it out and measure the mounting surface of the the shock from frame to axle and get the extended length and collapsed and then go hunt for shocks

Josh_hawk

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the info Solid94. I just needed a good starting point and didn't want to mess it up on the first go around. Much appreciated

NorCalMike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure that if the shocks don't have enough travel that you run a limit strap, and bump stops. Don't let your shocks do a job that they aren't meant to do.