Sas curve frame 3500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I asked this in the wrong sub forum , so thought I'd try here. Has anyone ever done a sas swap on a 2wd 3500 with the curved front frame. I was thinking a full cross member with leaf spring mounts. Possibly notching the frame? I don't have a 4wd frame to graph to it. Any help would be great . Thank u

vic_v8

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it's been done. It's just a more work getting the bracket angles correct.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I seen someone local sandwich the frame with the box tube hanging down past the frame to over that angle... making it “flat” then plug weld and used a factory hole there, For security. Then weld the leaf spring mounts to that... I don’t like welding onto welded metal... but it can be done. I’d cut the box tube at an angle like fish plate.. and plug weld it .

Or go 4 link

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s another option I used the super 10 crossmember on mine and it didn’t have that back section. So Even it the cross bracket was pitched forward I’m aure the springs wouldn’t have hit making the angle not worth mentioning as long as you lay the crossmember flat against the curve... but I can’t remember how severe the curve is
Can you post a pic