Sale price? Opinions wanted!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recently I've been thinking about selling my truck. Problem is I just don't know what to ask for it? I paid $5200 for it when I bought it and it was bone stock with 198,000 miles. I know it's hard to price other people stuff but can I get some opinions on what you guy would pay for it??

97 1500 z71
226,000 miles
Brand new tranny with 100 miles on it
No rust at all body is in good condition other than a few door ding, but hey its its 18 years old!
3in roughy country lift (rear blocks and torsion keys)
New custom tonnue cover
Smoked marker/park lights and clear headlight with HID's
Tow mirrors
New Moto Metal wheels and 285 Nitto Terra Graps both have 6,000 miles on them
Interior is in excellent condition, like brand new
Aftermarket radio
LED interior and instrument cluster lights
Runs and drive great

You must be registered for see images
not the best picture but all I have on my new phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As good condition as your truck is in, and as a shame as it is, these trucks just are not worth a lot of money. IMO $4500 to the rite buyer. I get asked all the time to sale my 97. I tell everyone it isn't for sale, and I wouldn't take less than $6500, but I know that it is only worth about $4500. If you were going to advertise it, maybe ask $5000 OBO for it. All of this does depend on how popular the truck is in your area also. The more people want it, the more it is worth. Go on to the www.NADA.com web sight and it will give you a value. www.Kellybluebook.com will also, but NADA is what the auto dealers use.

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As good condition as your truck is in, and as a shame as it is, these trucks just are not worth a lot of money. IMO $4500 to the rite buyer. I get asked all the time to sale my 97. I tell everyone it isn't for sale, and I wouldn't take less than $6500, but I know that it is only worth about $4500. If you were going to advertise it, maybe ask $5000 OBO for it. All of this does depend on how popular the truck is in your area also. The more people want it, the more it is worth. Go on to the www.NADA.com web sight and it will give you a value. www.Kellybluebook.com will also, but NADA is what the auto dealers use.

Yea you just have to find the right buyer. Sad this is I have about $8500-9 in the truck with just all the little add on stuff. And I know I won't be able to get my money back outta it

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
you aren't alone. no one ever does.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I see people pay 7k for a nice truck like that. I think nada and kbb are way off. It's all about supply and demand and there just isn't that many well cared for trucks out there for under 10k.

According to kbb my 88 gmc is only worth about $800. Bahaha

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Sadly, I'm one of few people who owns one of these trucks who could sell it for more than they paid for it. It sucks putting money in a truck and then not getting it back when you sell it, but that's the way it is with cars/trucks.
Due to this, my advice is don't sell it because you will regret it.

Answering your question though, the miles are high and as good of condition your truck is in, everyone who tries to buy it off of you will beat you up over the miles. I think $4500-5000

And for your own sake, I hope you don't sell it

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sadly, I'm one of few people who owns one of these trucks who could sell it for more than they paid for it. It sucks putting money in a truck and then not getting it back when you sell it, but that's the way it is with cars/trucks.
Due to this, my advice is don't sell it because you will regret it.

Answering your question though, the miles are high and as good of condition your truck is in, everyone who tries to buy it off of you will beat you up over the miles. I think $4500-5000

And for your own sake, I hope you don't sell it

Haha I've just thrown it up in the air. I know if I sell it I'll kick myself in the butt everyday for it. But at the same time a new truck sure does sound good!

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha I've just thrown it up in the air. I know if I sell it I'll kick myself in the butt everyday for it. But at the same time a new truck sure does sound good!

Just do what I did. Keep your old truck and buy a new one.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I'd keep it. Ask both Paul's. They regret selling their 400s on a daily basis.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.