Running power wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys quick question, where do you guys run the power wire on your trucks? Mines a 5spd so I dont have any holes in the firewall that arent being used, least not that I know of. Id rather not drill a hole if I dont have to. Just curious where you guys are running it.

Thanks
--Jason

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On some of the 95+ trucks there's a rectangular hole with a rubber cover on the tunnel, you could check that out on your truck to run the power wire. I assume your wanting to run a rather large gauge wire for a Amp? More then likely your going to have to drill a hole in the firewall, but it's no big deal, just BE SURE to use a rubber grommet. What year is the truck and where are you mounting the amp at?

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ill have to check that out. Im going to be running a 4g wire into the cab. The truck is a '95, and Ill actually be running two amps. One for the comp set and another for the sub. I plan on running just a single 12"

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They do sell a water tight gormet fitting so you will have to drill a hole. i made my own water tight gormet from a electrical wire connector $3.50.

stinger makes one. heres a little pic of mine

95ukawn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ill have to check that out. Im going to be running a 4g wire into the cab. The truck is a '95, and Ill actually be running two amps. One for the comp set and another for the sub. I plan on running just a single 12"

i drilled a hole some time ago thru the firewall on my yuke just big enough for 0 gauge wire to go thru but i did not put a gromet in it even i shouldve. it always worked fine no problems i idid add some silicone just to make it watertight wasnt a big deal really.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran mine in my 88 thru the antenna hole. I popped it's grommet out, split it, ran my wire along side the antenna, then clearanced the grommet to fit around them both, then used silicone to hold it back together and seal it all up.

fletch

Reaction score
Along the pass. side below the heater core lines there is plenty of room to drill a hole to run your power wire.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i ran mine threw the passenger door around the hinges and tucked it underneath the plastic side things.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Along the pass. side below the heater core lines there is plenty of room to drill a hole to run your power wire.

:word:

If you do that you can run it under the carpet right beside where the seat bolts down and right above where the step sills are. The carpet padding stops right there so with 4awg and below you can't even tell that there is wire under the carpet since the pad acts like a spacer right next to it. I don't know if that made sense.

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's how mine is, comes in the antenna hole, behind the rocker, under the carpet, thru the channels under the door sill, out under the seat belt thing to my amp.