Rotted rear brake line along frame rail now soft pedal after bleed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ecaldwell78

Reaction score
Hey here's a thought. Since I ran the MC dry, do you guys think I need to take it somewhere to get the air out of the ABS junk even though I've bled all four corners about six times? BTW, my pedal is now stiff as hell but still doesn't engage at first press for about a half second if I have to brake with any "authority". The pedal still does get softer if I run the air conditioner though. I don't get it at all and am really grasping at straws with the ABS idea! I've NEVER had this much trouble with any braking system in my life!
*ETA* - I forgot to mention that if I'm sitting at a traffic light, the pedal gets stiffer and pushes it's way back up just sitting there if that makes a difference to any of you pros out there.

Last edited:

ecaldwell78

Reaction score
*UPDATE* - Well I am officially an idiot. I overlooked the most obvious cause to my problem. The whole thing ended up being a failed booster! Duh. I should have known better, so lesson learned and the truck stops as it should. Thanks again all for the help along the way.