rocker pannel and cab corner issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to replace them because they are rotted out pretty bad. Anybody have a recommendation for where to get replacement rockers and cab corner sheet metal?

The picture is with the driver side door open, bottom right.
You must be registered for see images attach

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Rust repair panels pretty much all come from the same place. China. Since you are in NJ, I'd say this place because its close. Save you some on shipping.

http://raybuck.com/

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
take a trip down south and cut some out from a junkyard, probably be 10 bucks and you get oem metal, not some chinese/taiwan garbage.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:lol: too much hassle for you old folks?

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
To cut old panels with potential hidden rust issues off an old truck, then to prep, cut, grind old pinch welds, spot welds, and adjoining panels off of a used panel to do the same thing again on the truck they are going on?
Yeah...Too much hassle. I'll buy new. Even if its aftermarket. Its a patch panel. :whymewhyme:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
:lol: too much hassle for you old folks?

I'd say it's more about not being able to find anything worth using on the east coast..."whipper snapper".

;)

To OP: you're going to need outer panels and the inner portion as well, which is part of the outer floor piece IIRC.

If the floor extention is otherwise good, just cut out the rot and graft a flat piece of sheet in there to meet the outer sill lower spot weld area.

Cheers

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys.
BHBurban: Nice I will give raybuck a try. Their prices look decent too. I have a 69 charger that is getting all new sheet metal and man, I'll gladly pay $36 for sheet metal anyday.

dcZ71: I'd hate to gut another nice cab. Plus the cost of gas + time it would take to find one would probably make it a deal breaker.

Vortec Lover: LOL let me guess, you've been there before too? It's a common site around here.

great white: True that's another thing about getting used sheet metal. I redid the interior (removed floor vinyl and insolutation) and thankfully the floors look great. The only real rot on the cab is below the door and cab corners. Either way I'm not really a body guy (at all) so it's going to take some thinking for me to lay this out and do it.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got mine from a local body shop.. rice wasnt bad. if you look in my build thread i put rockers and corners on my truck... i posted a decent amount of pics.. hope it helps