RIP Big Red

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ouch!! Glad to hear you are back at it. Kudos on that recovery.

That was a gorgeous rig! Love the red and the proppa scaling of the whole rig. Nice and clean, not too much. That 383 must have been fun fun. I've been contemplating shorter side steps on a burban.... they look good scale-wise on yours, from what I can tell anyway. God knows the older I get the less I want to jump in or out of a lifted truck. That bull bar certainly couldn't have hurt at impact.... one of those good-looking accessories that has real-world benefits. Well done on the whole package. RIP.

By the way, the GMT400's scored a 5 out of 5 on front end collisions back in their day. I looked it up after the insurance guy mentioned it at a payout back in 1990 I think it was. I had had a 55mph head-on with a k-car station wagon going in the opposite direction, center nose to center nose, no seatbelt on... and walked away, after slithering out of course. Front bumper was a perfect frowny face almost touching the ground at both ends. Gotta love these trucks!

jeremytn86

Reaction score
Wow
There was someone washing over you. To be back as you say is a MIRACLE and so glad you made it back to where you are now. Have you thought about getting another Suburban to fix up. Look like you put a lot of work into Big Red and it looked great.
I'm working on one now, 99 K2500 6.5 turbo diesel...

Attachments

• 20240215_153910.jpg
    20240215_153910.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240215_161251.jpg
    20240215_161251.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 7

jeremytn86

Reaction score
Glad you're "ok" through it all, and what an appropriate replacement you've got! Sure looks amazing in the pics!
Of course there's the question lurking in my mind, what is the plans for this one?
I have done a lot already, HX40 turbo, water/meth injection, better intake manifold, custom made intake, custom 4 inch exhaust splitting into dual 3 inch, Raptor lift pump, custom tune, more I'm probably forgetting. I haven't decided if I want to lift it or not, off I do it will be small, not like Big Red was. Maybe a 4" with the torsion bars loosened so it is only like 3", and a 2" add a leaf or air bag in the back. Definitely getting some 16 inch Alcoas when the winter is gone for good. I changed all the lights to LED's, I have put a new grill on since these pics, I have a much larger roof rack so the wife can have this one back, some Fog lights mounted on the bumper on a little bar that also holds my license plate now, some more stuff I'm probably forgetting. I'll be posting some more pics soon.