Riders "Black Knight" 1969 GMC Custom RCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I have been asked to post pics of this truck before so here is how it sits now along with my two Honda Motorcycles. Since we dont have an "Other vehicle" projects or pictures area on here im hoping this is the right area for this.

You must be registered for see images

When I first bought it

Project plans:
1982 "Red Block" 6.2 Diesel with military intake possibly
SAS 4wd conversion using a dana 44 front axle
Diy4x 52" spring mounting kit for front axle/4wd conversion
Air bags on rear trailing arm suspension
Possibly using a GMT400 14 bolt SF rear diff at a later point.

The above items are confirmed other then the military intake and the 14 b sf

The areas im still thinking about are the transmission and if its going to be turboed or not initially. I do have a nearly complete 6.5 Turbo Diesel that i will be building up to L65 F code spec that i may either put back into my Sierra since it is the original block from that truck or it may find its way into this truck. More then likely it will go back into the Sierra. But either way it means i do have a complete spare turbo set up that may find its way into this truck eventually.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
id say turbo it if you have an extra laying around, if you don't mind the extra time spent to do it.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
id say turbo it if you have an extra laying around, if you don't mind the extra time spent to do it.

Yea I have a spare turbo laying around I was considering using in my ram and getting a larger hx35 turbo from a cummins for this.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk 2

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Project truck !!! I like it !!!

Thanks man! Though I will say there has been a change...this truck will be getting my spare 6.5 Turbo Diesel after it is overhauled. The 6.2 that was to go into this truck will be going into a 1968 Chevelle SS clone.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Ok since I decided to go looking for a jeep for a trail toy plans have changed for the better....This truck will become a rat rod with multiple personalities.

The plans now:

Convert to 5 lug disk brakes up front using a suburban front end.
Convert the rear to 5 lug with motive gear axles and the large gm drum brakes.
4:11 gears with locking diff
Retrofit the hydraboost braking system
Lower truck by 1.5" front and 3" rear with coil springs
Overhaul the "red block" Detroit and reassemble it with 6.5 Detroit turbo diesel top end with gm-4 turbo.
Use marine upper intake to allow for air to water intercooler
4L80E 2wd trans controlled by optishift controller programmed with Touring and Sport mode
B&M Truck Mega shifter, Ratchet mode of shifter to be used with transmission Sport mode.
Elk industries fiberglass sleeper to add extended cab style interior space for stereo setup
Box will have a 3 battery box setup, 2 batteries for running the truck and one deep cycle for stereo.
Fuel cell or blazer tank in the rear.

More details to be added as the build progresses.