Reviving A Stock Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the bulbs in their stock radio with LEDs? I'm going to try this. I know you must remove the old bulbs and solder in the new, I'm just not sure which bulbs to use. Also, which end of the circuit board is the positive side? This'll help me avoid having to remove and turn LEDs 180* if they don't work. Thanks fellas

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I wonder if the info is still in his threads? I know the pictures will be gone.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I YouTubed light bulb replacement on them but iirc it didn't tell me the bulb size and since they used normal bulbs, it didn't matter which way the bulbs were

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Well LEDs should be here Friday, got the radio and CD player torn apart. Should be an interesting Friday evening lol

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Keep us posted. Interested in how this goes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Take pics

I've taken pics of the dissasembly of the radio and the cd player. I'll explain the different things and post finished pics. What about going form an aftermarket radio to the stock one? just unplug and plug in the stock one? I didn't install it so I'm not sure what all is involved.

Also, the LEDs should be here friday. Dave said I'd need to order resisters for them but Mike (Hyper LEDs) said that LEDs have a resistor on the positive side. So we'll see. Hope they'll be the right ones

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about going form an aftermarket radio to the stock one? just unplug and plug in the stock one? I didn't install it so I'm not sure what all is involved.

If it was installed correctly, you should be able to just unplug the radio harness from the truck harness and plug the stock radio back in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk