Return line delete possible??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
well i MADE them compatible. Ive also used a tbi sender in a SQUAREBODY tank before and it worked just fine. No it didnt reach the bottom so i just ran a long fuel hose. Nuthin half assed here. Its called working with wat u got

Deadheading the fuel pump is halfassing it, plain and simple. You don't have to like it, it is what it is.

92Raiderburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, go sell some blood, do a side job, whatever, don't half-@$$ it.

And u honestly think thats all available with this corona propaganda goin around? Ok bud. My question was about FUEL LINES. Im already past the sending unit. Not worried about it. Need the truck runnin so i can sell my other one. What I dont need is offtopic discussion. No thank u for ur input

92Raiderburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made 2 parts work for each other. And im gonna run an INLINE pump on the frame, OUTISDE OF THE TANK. Ive done this before. As i specifically stated in an earlier post. Some of u seem to have missed this when i was first question about not wanting to use an intank failure prone pump. Again my preference and not of the topic.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nuthin half assed here.
Apologies if I offended. I understand 'working with wat u got' if that's the only option. I just think it's unrealistic to believe it's going to work reasonably well.

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Correct me if I mis-read anything.

So the reason you want to delete the return line is because the return fitting is broken off the sending unit?

The TBI has a built in regulator, it is designed to operate with a regulator, and the pump may have a short life if it is run with a regulator that has no bypass.

You already modified the sending unit/tank or both in order to mate them up, why not just add a new return fitting to replace the broken one?

If the sending unit is placed in the tank properly, the pump produces appropriate fuel supply, and the return line provides adequate bypass, I see no reason why the system couldn't be made to work as well as factory.

92Raiderburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, the 1st year TBI came out was in the 87 Square Body up through 95, FYI.

I have an '80 Suburban (factory carbed), the '80 sending unit is longer than the '95 sender. 87-91 suburbans I wouldn't know what their senders look like. Never owned a TBI squarebody. Point is, I made that 95 sender work in my '80, meaning the '80 31 gallon Suburban gas tank. That alone is irrelevant to what I asked.

Apologies if I offended. I understand 'working with wat u got' if that's the only option. I just think it's unrealistic to believe it's going to work reasonably well.

Well hate to break it to you, as i will state for a 3rd time now, it ALREADY has worked for me. You are late to the party on that one, but appearantly you missed that. Wasnt my original question. And your feeling of it being unrealistic is also not relevant to the conversation as I was already successful in what specifically stated, with a different project from 3 years ago

Correct me if I mis-read anything.

So the reason you want to delete the return line is because the return fitting is broken off the sending unit?

The TBI has a built in regulator, it is designed to operate with a regulator, and the pump may have a short life if it is run with a regulator that has no bypass.

You already modified the sending unit/tank or both in order to mate them up, why not just add a new return fitting to replace the broken one?

If the sending unit is placed in the tank properly, the pump produces appropriate fuel supply, and the return line provides adequate bypass, I see no reason why the system couldn't be made to work as well as factory.

Originally, when I started this thread. I asked simply if I could run a 13 psi pump with no return line. Has nothing to do with the broken return port on the sender as I found another one from a guy parting his truck out. That idea has since been abandoned all together. I converted the L19 to CARB and it runs ****** great. Have an inline pump that is controlled by the illuminated toggle switch.

You must be registered for see images attach