Replacing ABS motor on 95 Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86k10

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced just the motor on the ABS assy? I see that they offer the motor for other models and was just wondering if it serviceable instead of the whole assy.

I had a 67 code, tapped the motor work a hammer then the code went away for a couple of weeks, worked ABS I dirt road. Now code 68 is on.

Joelvv

Reaction score
I’d just go to a U Pull It yard, pick a whole assembly up and just swap the motor.

86k10

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking of next time I was there, at least take one off and see if it comes out without damaging anything.

Do you or anyone know what years crossover to the 95 Tahoe?

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure about ABS, but 95 was a strange year fro these trucks, I'd probably stick to 95 if possible.

Joelvv

Reaction score
The motor and modulator valve is the same all the way through, from 95-2000 on the trucks and full size SUV’s. It’s the controller on top that’s different. 95 is by itself, 96 and early 97 is different and late 97 and newer is different again. (That’s what ive been able to figure out, I may be off)
If you look on RockAuto, you’ll see the ABS modulator valve under brakes. If you click on the part number, it’ll show you what year trucks it works on. It lists 95-2002 trucks, Tahoe’s, Suburbans, Yukon’s and Express/Savana vans.