Abs light and stuck in 1st no Speedo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dolevisraeli

Reaction score
abs fault? my 95 6.5TD Yukon came from the mechanic after bunch of stuff replaced including front wheel hubs all the brakes After we Got it the transmission was slipping to 1st and the speedometer dies happed every hard braking and started to happen every time i was braking and had to start the truck again after a few days the pedal was grinding hard and now it dosent and just stuck in first completly with abs light on i started to diagnose and system codes came to both front sensors and tranny sensor(and a code 66 wich said pump motor relay open/shorted don’t now what it means) all replaced after I installed the 2th front sensor the truck started to shift and Speedo came back after a minute driving it started hard shifting and Speedo died and got stuck in 1st again limping back home I read here that disconnecting the purple wire on the abs module can fix the problem any one knows better then me the truck is sitting 6 months in my driveway and no clue what to do now the mechanic also doesn’t have a clue after he made the problem come to life any advice is appreciated (photo of codes after replacing front right sensor and tranny sensor)

Attachments

• DA5F79CC-EA59-46ED-BE5E-302C6813C2C4.png
    DA5F79CC-EA59-46ED-BE5E-302C6813C2C4.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • FEEB4875-097C-4BEA-B438-FD884F4990A7.jpeg
    FEEB4875-097C-4BEA-B438-FD884F4990A7.jpeg
    303.2 KB · Views: 5
  • EEC4C998-4A6C-4B64-8DEC-AAAF966387D2.jpeg
    EEC4C998-4A6C-4B64-8DEC-AAAF966387D2.jpeg
    334.7 KB · Views: 6

Treymhardy

Reaction score
I’m dealing with my truck not shifting out of first gear also I do have my Speedo though mine is a internal issue from the rebuild I believe

Dolevisraeli

Reaction score
Could be a bad wheel speed sensor on the hub that would be a cheap and easy place to start
The first thing I replaced the transmission sensor and both hubs sensors and no response from the truck only the Speedo worked for few mimutes and died again

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about punctuation and paragraphs so we don't have to deal with a wall of text?

With no speedo, I'd be looking at the transmission/transfer case sensor, reluctor, AND WIRE HARNESS back to the computer. Since the "mechanic" replaced a bunch of speed sensors, and you weren't having problems with the speedo before he worked on it, I'd take it back there and make him fix this.

But if you have to do this yourself, connect a scan tool. Look at the data stream for vehicle speed information. You may need to use the ABS menu to get the speed info for the front wheels.

All wheel speed sensors should show the same vehicle speed within a few percent.

Fix the speedo, maybe the other issues go away on their own.