Replacement Stock 2wd Front Coil Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey. Did some searching for stock replacement coils, but didn't find much. I just got new control arms with ball joints and bushings along with tie rod ends and pitman/idler arms because there was a bunch of play after 220k hard miles. I'm wondering if its necessary to replace my front coils since it seems ok right now and if so, any recommendations? I can't find many options for stock height. Its a 98 2wd reg cab short bed. I have lowering shackles on the back to level it with newer stock 17" wheels and I like the mild stance. I've found autopart store replacements, but thats pretty much it. Wondering if anyone has found and tried aftermarket progressive rate springs for improved ride at stock height. As of right now, just planning to use the old stock ones unless you guys have a better option.

Thanks!

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, gotcha. I'm worried that I won't even notice a difference and it will have been a waste of money.

Anyone replace their stock springs with new stock height springs? Ride improvement?