Replacement Leaf Spring Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
theres a difference your gona play heII trying to find a 5/1 in a 1/2 ton any 2500 is gona have um mise well just look in them

TexasCowboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Y does it say on sd springs that the 3/4 tons springs r 7-1 and 1/2 tons r 5-1

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk 2

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y does it say on sd springs that the 3/4 tons springs r 7-1 and 1/2 tons r 5-1

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk 2

It doesn't say that, it shows the available options as being 4,5 or 7 leaf. The specific link I posted just happens to be where I looked up 5 leaf (3/4 ton) for my 1/2 ton truck. If you entered a different vehicle it would show the same options. I.E. the 5 leaf showing for my truck in 1/2 ton is the same part # as if you were looking up 5 leaf for 3/4 ton.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is always Deaver, Alcan, etc. They can set up with any leaf custom made to fit your intended use, I.E. comfort, towing, hauling heavy, etc.

LoneCynic

Reaction score
Havoc, thanks for the link. I ordered a set of leafs and shackles from that website. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out to that extent. Everyone else, thank you for the responses and information you provided. It was all a big help to me.

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Havoc, thanks for the link. I ordered a set of leafs and shackles from that website. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out to that extent. Everyone else, thank you for the responses and information you provided. It was all a big help to me.

Np buddy. I was actually referred to that website from a place close to my house called Keystone Automotive. I'm still considering the 5/1 leaf pack swap out for my worn out 4/1.

LoneCynic

Reaction score
I know it has been a while since I posted this thread and ordered the leaf packs, but I wanted to come back with my first update. Due to my work schedule being mostly evening and night shifts, I have had precious little time to work on this. As of this writing, I have successfully installed the passenger side leaf pack. Completed one side this evening. Had some difficulty getting the old one off, and ended up having to cut it off due to the bolt metal bonding to the metal channel inside the bushing during the last twenty some years, but after that the 3/4 ton 5/1 leaf pack was a direct fit and I had it installed in no time. It was actually a nice side by side comparison between the two leaf packs having one of each on there this evening. The new set has much, much less "give" to it when pressing down on the rear bumper, and I am anxious to get started on the driver's side on my next day off. I've been taking photos each step of the way that I intend to come back and share once I'm done. It may be a while yet, but I will be back with that update once I have both sides done. Thanks again to Havoc for providing the link and recommendation, and to everyone who commented and helped me out with advice. To those considering a similar upgrade, definitely go for it. I am quite pleased with how this is all turning out, and I am eager to come back and share photos when I am done. That way, those who are also thinking about this can see for themselves what a great upgrade this is.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Let us know man! I just got a new set of BDS Ride rights for mine.