Replacement Jack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck has no tools and no jack, although it does have a spare and spare winch. I nabbed a tool tray from a truck at the junkyard, but I haven't seen any tools yet. I looked online for jack tools and found the Red Hound kits, but I haven't seen one with the jack included. I'm looking to have this truck back on the road in the next month, and I'll need to have a jack. Anybody know of a tool kit that includes the jack and all stows into the stock location? Alternatively, is the jack available by itself?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Look in a scrap/recycle yard. I have found dozens of them and most have never been used.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
(Assuming your truck is an '89, think I saw you post that somewhere)

I just checked GM Parts Direct and unfortunately it looks like the jack and most of the stuff that goes in the factory cab storage is discontinued. You can still get the lug wrench and the jack handle though, around $50 each.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-...v8-gas-engine/body-cat/interior-trim-cab-scat

I would agree that a salvage yard is still probably your best bet. You could post a wanted ad in the classified section here, we have a few members who go to yards regularly and I'm sure they would pull one and ship it to you for a reasonable price.

Frank Compagnon

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Salvage yards, in Prince George, want $200.00 for the jack and kit. I ordered a handle kit from Amazon, like $45.00 CND. or so, but they don't have the jack. And even harder to find in the kit sto-box cover.

mike73

Reaction score
In the big junkyards like LKQ, I think they take the jacks out and keep them in a separate bin to sell up at the office (prevents people from using jacks in the self service yard to reduce their liability). Ask them if they have any spare tire jacks, they probably have a whole heap of them somewhere

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, what you're really trying to say is, "No, the jack is not available new, even though Red Hound sells the other tools."

Got it. I'll quit wishing Pull-A-Part has 'em and I'll buy it from a truck-specific salvage yard.