red interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im having a very difficult time finding burhundy interior parts for my 89 extended cab.

i need a fusebox cover, front seat, drivers side rear seatbelt, and front armrest pads.

iv been looking in all the usual places, like craigslist, epay, local junkyards, etc. all i can find within three states (on craigslist) is blue and tan.

so, im debating on going back to the custom interiors of my roots (use what you can find, paint it, and pray it doesnt look like crap.) I grew up on Mopar, and when i was doing so, there was absolutely NOTHING reproduced for those cars. so we made do.

heres my thinking: dye a set of seats for the front black (and use the current rear seat dyed black). find a krylon color that matches for the dash parts, and paint them. arm rest pads and seatbelt im still lost on. (its the work truck model).

what do you all think? would the black seats, with the black floor covering and everything else burgindy/red look like crap? if i could find this stuff relatively local, id buy it in a skinney minute.

so, anyone have any suggestions, sources, or pictures of two-toned red and black interiors?

thanks
michael

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it'll work I use krylon on the hard plastic parts and dupli colr on anything soft like vinly or fabric which is what it's made for.

You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea LOl I'm surfing around on here and other sites and found em. I need to get it all done black though and not red/black two tone.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
krylon fusion paint is made for plastics we used that on my sons dash and all interior panels it worked great it bonds to the plastic wont flake off down the road like some paints do

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've used a vinyl paint designed for dash pieces before, i think it was duplicolor. I cleaned the surface, sprayed adhesion promoter then sprayed the paint. Well I accidentally got over spray on my plastic trash can that had not been prepped. That paint hasn't come off and its the shop trash so it takes a beating. I'll more than likely use the same stuff when I get around to doing my interior

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can back the krylon for sure I got it on my fourwheeler/atv and you know they get beat and abused, riding in the woods branches slapping and scrapping them. rocks dirt, mud, only thing really took mine out was the paint stripping drippng on it.