recommended catalytic converter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peyton4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I took the code reader to my truck today. Found a code that was stored ( p0420 I tbink) saying catalytic converter was below threshold. I have two converters on my truck so could someone recommend me some cheap ones so I can stay under 200? I believe thats the cause of my lost power as well

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Gut them and install non-foulers on the rear o2 sensors. Thats what iv done to every vehicle i have had converter trouble out of. Will fix it right up, no light or anything.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The code is one of the rear o2 sensors; often the sensor is simply bad. Doesn't necessarily mean your cats are bad. The non-fouler trick works for a lot of people. Try that before gutting the cats.

Richard

peyton4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could I get a link to the non fouler? And are the cats bolted or welded on the 98?

peyton4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The light hasn't come on since I've had it ( 2 months). It was just stored when I check it with the code reader. Should I just leave it be since the light has come back on?

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Turn your key on without the engine running to see if the check engine light comes on. It should be on until you crank it, then go off. If its not coming on, the bulb is more than likely removed (or simply blown) but iv seen many more removed than blown myself.