Recommend a square body forum? (73-87)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
I feel fortunate to enjoy this site as much as I do. I have abandoned progress on the '97 and turned focus to the '77. Do you know of a sister site of this one? Something similar? The ones I've scanned seem kind of dead and I think there is a good crowd in here, so I'm asking you.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I rin onto thisbproblem all the time when i buy new vehicles i got spoiled with this site and no others are as good. I usially just end up making a thread for everything here

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gmsquarebody.com or squarebody.com are both good ones.

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I registered at gmsquarebody.com

Here's a just for fun
Pulled the blown up engine. Casting number 14010280. LoL a what?! I never heard that number. ..wtf?
I KNEW something was a tad "off" upon discovery of an EXTERNALLY BALANCED crankshaft. When was the last time you saw one of those?
Happy I took the flexplate from that Corvette!

Makes me wish I still had the 2bbl and intake I removed when I got the truck, but I don't know why.

DEFINATELY gonna tear the shi out of this truck with the new engine...might oughta replace m motor mounts, ya reckon?
:rockin:

The motor was pretty bad off when I got that truck, the old man had been driving it without an air cleaner for GOD knows how long. First thing I did? Yank the carb and intake - swapped a fairly period correct Holley "street master" intake and Edelbrock 1406 I had layin around plus a knowingly hot distributor, coil , module + super tune. It run gooder like that , but not much? The engine was very tired...I wanted to see how much power I could bolt on it before it blew. 1.6 roller tips didn't do it either. New fuel pump and regulator ...new water pump. I had blocked the crossovers at the intake...

If you're gonna throw parts at somethin, at least do it right.

Finally when I stuck 1.5 inch primary full-lengths and 2.25 inch aluminized pipe on it , it ran two more days and I guess that's how much. Seemed fair to me , but I'm concerned how the truck will handle all of that on top of 100 more cubic inches and a low-ball cam... Good times lie ahead. Geez I wonder where that trans came from? *gulp*
LoL it's got 4.11s and 30 x10s on it... GIVE ME TORQUE!

I don't think I'll jam that 2500 stall quite yet.
I NEED it to last two weeks!

Lmao, I'm so screwed.

Last edited:

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Colorado K5 it's the beat all, end all for the square body trucks. It's $25/yr but that keeps the riff raff out and makes you a part of the family. Its known as "The Brotherhood" because of how tight knit it is and the knowledge base is incredible. You won't find trolls there or people just looking for a fight. I've been a member there for almost ten years and people stay a long time after their square body is gone and there are several who joined for info for friends that are now long time members and have never owned GM Truck at all.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are no trolls or riff raff on gmsb either and it's free ;)

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:wave: