Recommend a good set of 4x6 dash speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
So I just discovered that the Alpine Type S 4x6s I've been running in the rear pillars for years won't fit in the 94 dash because the magnets bottom out on the vent ducts on both sides. Not much clearance in there lol. So can anyone recommend a good set that would fit? The Alpines almost fit...But not quite.

I remember seeing these mentioned before, anyone with personal experience of these (or like these) have a review? Fitment ability?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07657R646/

You must be registered for see images attach

TIA

TBaganATX

Reaction score
I have a set of Hertz 4x6 I had there and removed, just changed the whole system set up. They look like the ones you have there. 50.00 plus shipping you can have them. They are at my office but can sent pics Monday if your interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
So I just discovered that the Alpine Type S 4x6s I've been running in the rear pillars for years won't fit in the 94 dash because the magnets bottom out on the vent ducts on both sides. Not much clearance in there lol. So can anyone recommend a good set that would fit? The Alpines almost fit...But not quite.

I remember seeing these mentioned before, anyone with personal experience of these (or like these) have a review? Fitment ability?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07657R646/

TIA
I have these in my '89 K1500 and love them, recommend hands down. No fitment issues up front, rear required me to flip upside down (tweeter closest to floor pan) and use 3/8th(?) section of hose between the fasteners and sheetmetal to gain enough clearance for the magnet. Great combination between the stock head unit and such. Very smooth & balanced sound, non-fatiguing to the ear and they're just sensitive enough such that they're louder than stock and the factory amp drives them nicely. Not sure if any other manufacturer makes good plate speakers like these so for now, they're my 4x6 of choice.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I have a set of Hertz 4x6 I had there and removed, just changed the whole system set up. They look like the ones you have there. 50.00 plus shipping you can have them. They are at my office but can sent pics Monday if your interested.

No offense meant at all, but when it comes to speakers I usually like to buy new. Thank you for the offer though!

I have these in my '89 K1500 and love them, recommend hands down. No fitment issues up front, rear required me to flip upside down (tweeter closest to floor pan) and use 3/8th(?) section of hose between the fasteners and sheetmetal to gain enough clearance for the magnet. Great combination between the stock head unit and such. Very smooth & balanced sound, non-fatiguing to the ear and they're just sensitive enough such that they're louder than stock and the factory amp drives them nicely. Not sure if any other manufacturer makes good plate speakers like these so for now, they're my 4x6 of choice

Awesome, think I'll grab a set for the dash then. My Alpine set works very well in the pillars so I guess they can stay back there lol

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had these Polk Audio in my truck for somewhere around 25 years? Recently (maybe 2 years ago) I upgraded to a Pioneer deck and they still sound great but, I don't crank it up until it hurts my ears anymore, ha ha. Here's a recent picture of it when I painted my grille cloths.

Edit: OOPS Bad math - 15 years, ha ha.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You'll be happiest with a plate speaker like those Infinitys for sure IMO. Polk used to make a DB series marine 4x6 like those but they've been discontinued unfortunately.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Sweet, you'll keep 'em forever. JBL used to make a plate 4x6 as well, under their power series. That was my choice until they stopped making them and JBL started to suck.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got those Infinity Kappa 4x6's recommended here. But they don't quite fit. The nice big magnet will not fit down into the hole on the driver's side at least. Looks like there is a duct in the way that feeds the defroster outlet at the end of the dash. Bigger hammer? Any suggestions? Also the stock speakers say 9.5 ohms, the infinity's say 2 ohms, hope that don't ruin the power unit.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just got those Infinity Kappa 4x6's recommended here. But they don't quite fit. The nice big magnet will not fit down into the hole on the driver's side at least. Looks like there is a duct in the way that feeds the defroster outlet at the end of the dash. Bigger hammer? Any suggestions? Also the stock speakers say 9.5 ohms, the infinity's say 2 ohms, hope that don't ruin the power unit.

Might be a silly question but did you try flipping them 180 degrees in the mounting holes so the larger magnet is on the other side?