Rebuilding motor: Timing gear or chain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am rebuilding my 98 350 and wanted to know if any difference in the timing chain or timing gear?

Pro's or Con's

Thanks

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
you have to run a chain if your using a Vortec Crank Sensor, and it was to be a single row not a double, or else your gonna run into problems.

Plus Gears are for Posers, who want the Blower sound (Sorta) and cant afford the blower.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you have to run a chain if your using a Vortec Crank Sensor, and it was to be a single row not a double, or else your gonna run into problems.

Plus Gears are for Posers, who want the Blower sound (Sorta) and cant afford the blower.

:lol: thats awesome.

he's right though, run a single roller chain, the one I'm using is a beefy cloyes chain that has worked very well.

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the quick reply. I will be running a single roller chain as you guys stated

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Timing gears will drive knock sensors crazy. Don't even think about it.

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I actually say that the blower noise on my car, which really is a supercharger, is a timing gear. :)