Rebuilding a door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had to swap a passengers side door shell onto my 95. Power windows and door locks.

Truck now has an absolutely straight and bare door. Nothing other than the latch and the metal. I need to take all my guts from the old door and put them in the new door. However, i have no idea how.
Is there any write ups or anything that my pathetic searching skills have missed? Anyone want to spoon feed me?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The window regulator will probably go in first, check YouTube to see how to get into it and a look at all the stuff along the way.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That video is a really good place to start. Once you get the inner door panel/regulator out, take out the window. Once that's out, you can take out all the door latch/door handle and rods. Then the rubber window track comes out and finally the metal track at the front of the door that screws in will come out. I think that's about it.

Last edited:

ddaxe

If it don't go... chrome it..!!
Reaction score
I take the windows out or back in through the top slot.. I turn it on end.. and out she comes...

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would take the old door apart while still on the truck to hold it a comfortable place to work plus it will be lighter when removing. Then remove the inner panel with regulator all together. with the window almost all the way up you can move it back and forth to get the regulator off the window track. I put masking or duck tape over the top of the door to hold the glass up. if you then remove the glass run channels the glass comes right out the top by tipping it. then remove the latch and rods and outer handle. Remove the door and hang the new door and reinstall opposite order of removing.

These doors are so heavy I take out the inner panel and glass out before I remove for any reason. An adjustable office chair with the arms removed is the best tool I have found to support the door for removing and installing.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we already removed the assembled door. Didn't think about it when i dropped off the truck at the body shop. Bodyman pulled the wiring out of the old door and swapped them out. To cut costs, i told him id swap the guts.

The window is the whole way up. Does this change things?

The video and description are exactly what i am looking for. Thanks!

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need the window down to remove the regulator. You can power the window down with a drill battery. There's a video on Youtube.

rags77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone knows how to remove rear door window regulator motor...I recently brought a suburban rear door for my crew cab..swaping out for manual windows..
You must be registered for see images attach

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone knows how to remove rear door window regulator motor...I recently brought a suburban rear door for my crew cab..swaping out for manual windows..
You must be registered for see images attach
Unbolt the glass. Unplug window motor. Drill out rivets holding the regulator/motor assembly to door... pull it out any opening it will fit through.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk