Reassembling the engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wellkyle

Reaction score
Ok i just dropped a brand new 350 into my 91 K1500 and i just have to reassemble the front end (alt, water pump, and power steering) and the TBI, what I need is a picture or a diagram or picture of where all the brackets are supposed to go. Anybody have anything to help me out?

senja

Reaction score
Pick up a copy of Haynes Automotive Repair Manual. They don't specifically give you a step by step, but there's lots of pictures of the engine bay. There's also a sticker on your fan shroud that gives you the vacuum line diagram. There's lot of pictures on this web site, too. Hope it helps.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you had a 98 I could send pics of everything under the hood! Just had mine apart and took pics along the way.

For a buck or two you can go to the junkyard with just a digital camera and find what you're looking for. Probably gonna need a few nuts bolts and fittings anyway.

wellkyle

Reaction score
I have the haynes book and it does have a good amount of pictures but the quality isnt exactly good and there is not a good enough angle they give to identify the brackets unfortunately, ill peruse the forums here so more in hope of some help.Haha unfortunately its the early model, my parents have a 99 tahoe with the 350, but theirs is vortec and mines pre-vortec. But it is a good idea to go to the junkyards and see if there is a fully assembled engine there, and yes i need a few nuts and bolts here and there, I think thats what ill do.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!