Rearview Mirror Project Questions and Thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

same_me

Reaction score
Got some questions for you guys and I would like to hear your thoughts. I recently picked up a 95 ECSB that is for the most part ready to roll. I'm looking at making some small modifications to kind of make it my own. One thing I have been toying with is a different rear view mirror. The one in it has something on the glass so I'd like to replace it. I've looked at billet ones and I've toyed with the compass temp style but neither really appeal to me. What would you guys think of putting a mirror out of an older car or truck in it? Something 40's, 50's, 60's, etc.? Of course doesn't have to be a direct replacement since I know most of the older mirrors were roof mount and not windshield mount. I will do the modifications to make it windshield mount. That shouldn't be a problem. Anyone got any good ideas of a mirror that would be neat to use? Anybody know anyone that has done anything like this? Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!!