Rear Spring Replacement Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironfireman

Reaction score
I have a 1992 Heavy Half and I'm wanting to replace my rear springs. Looking on Rockauto.com, I found several choices and sizes. I belive my pack thickness is 2 11/16 with a load rating of 2025 lbs? Does this sound correct? Do heavy half trucks have 1/2 springs or 3/4 springs.

If I move up to a 3 1/4 pack thickness, the rating would go to 2235 lbs. I don't haul much, would this jack the rear if my truck up really high?

Lastly, (and most important), are Husky Springs good replacement springs or is there a better brand out there? Thank you.

slick96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just the standard half ton truck came factory with the 3/1 pack rated at 1425lbs.
Mine was getting saggy and I replaced them with the 4/1 pack rated at 2025lbs. It lifted it back up to factory height and gave me more hauling capacity without sagging. Still rides great. I got my springs at General Spring.
Plan replace the rear shackles as well, cause the bolt will be rusted inside the steel sleeve that's through the rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine was around $280 for both springs, new rear shackles, and all new bolts.

slick96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't pay any shipping. General Spring is 30 min from my house.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
$323 shipped to AZ. That price included having the springs give me a one inch drop and low profile retainers.

inscarguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
try Michigan spring. got a good deal and shipping was free. also got the clamps from them. most of the spring suppliers did not have the right size clamp