Rear roof corner body seam leak or rear windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lha1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all so my trucks been painted before previously an had the rear windshield resealed an what not but last weekend was washing it an come to find out I have a leak from the rear windshield now in the corner:-(

Now I thought it was the windshield gasket leaking because I was using the hose an spraying it to find out an saw it drip down but looking at it again I totally forgot I had water in the cab corner an obviously its going to puddle since it has that factory foam there. But its getting me to think is the seam sealer under that roof corner trim piece cracked an causing it to leak into the cab???

Has anyone redid the seam sealer by taking that piece off an cleaning it out an resealing it??? Ive seen a thread on the 67-72 site in their 88-98 section but thought I'd ask here first.

Going to get the rear windshield though resealed in definitely.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

lha1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cmon guys I kno some of you have dealt with the roof joint at some point an leaks from the rear windshield. All our trucks as they get older the seam sealer is going to go bad.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This^ the seal gets cracked from old age and let's water in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Yea, mine leaks there, then runs down the trim over to the side and drips there.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Mine was rear window seal.

Pooled at the base of the back cab wall and then worked its way forward through the jute backing.

Reseal the window and it was good.