Rear ended, bent frame and hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoob8000

Reaction score
Got rear ended over the weekend, the guy hit me hard enough to bend the ends of the frame and hitch downwards.

Looks like the hitch took most of the impact, and bent the frame from the front hitch mount.

Waiting to hear back from the guys insurance before I go get estimates but anything I should ask the shops about or to do? I'm concerned even after the straighten it, will it still be strong enough to tow with.

You must be registered for see images attach

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
bent frame.......man If it was my truck, I would be thinking for sure there gonna call it a Total loss. there not gonna wanna fix that... id be looking for another truck.

scoob8000

Reaction score
It's gonna be totaled

That's not what I was wanting to hear. I just got the thing a little over a month ago and dumped so much into it getting it running right and fixing stuff. Even if they give me "Excellent Condition" of $4500 I'm going to be loosing a good bit.

New MFI injector spider, gaskets, waterpump, belt, idler, tensioner, o2 sensors, plugs, wires, cap, distributor, tune, speakers, headunit, bedliner, etc. Hate to think of how much I've spent on it lately. :(

The real ****** is the guy that hit me was driving a rental car, that ought to make matters more fun.

Last edited:

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anything thing to do with the frame on a truck this old will total it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
hope you saved reciepts for all your stuff. That wil help you get more money back

scoob8000

Reaction score
Don't they usually look at the blue book, then the cost of the repair and see which is cheaper?

Before I let them total it, I definitely want to take it to a frame shop just to see what I'm looking at to fix it. It's such a clean solid truck besides that crustyness on the back under the bed (previous owner used to launch a boat I think).

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea they look at blue book but let's say blue book is 6000. It will take 3-4 thousand to total it. Your gonna need a new bed, paint, hitch, time on the frame mahine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoob8000

Reaction score
hope you saved reciepts for all your stuff. That wil help you get more money back

Luckily I bought most stuff off the web, I'm going thru my emails and printing them off now. Just a few smaller things from Autozone I don't have receipts for.

Yea they look at blue book but let's say blue book is 6000. It will take 3-4 thousand to total it. Your gonna need a new bed, paint, hitch, time on the frame mahine

Luckily the body is okay. The bumper, hitch and frame is all that got damaged. If he were in a bigger car I'm sure it would have been worse. I think he moreso hit me low because of the car he was driving.