Rear disc conversion with parking brake and ABS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ibanez GSA60

Reaction score
Hey all, I want to convert my rear brakes to discs (because I hate working on drums), and still keep the ABS functionality, as I plan on towing with my truck? And want the added safety to prevent jackknifing. Also need to keep the parking brake. Who has done this, and what parts were used?

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive done it E brake shouldn't be an issue as long as your truck doesn't have adjustable suspension my 91 c1500 came with the fist gen SSBC rear disk brake kit when I got it but there are other kits out there or you can piece it all together with over counter parts. Do a Google search there is a lot of info on it.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive done it E brake shouldn't be an issue as long as your truck doesn't have adjustable suspension my 91 c1500 came with the fist gen SSBC rear disk brake kit when I got it but there are other kits out there or you can piece it all together with over counter parts. Do a Google search there is a lot of info on it.

I did the rear disc swap almost about a year ago. Never worried about the E brake till recently. I have a 5 speed so it would be nice to able to idle the truck while not being in it. What length cables or from what truck did you use for the E brake? All of my parts are from a 2003 Silverado so I got a regular cab 8ft bed E brake cable (like my truck) and it seems to be way to long. Any thoughts?

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The way the SSBC kit works it uses GM calipers off a Olds Toranado that has the set up for E brake and uses the stock E brake cables off the truck.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The way the SSBC kit works it uses GM calipers off a Olds Toranado that has the set up for E brake and uses the stock E brake cables off the truck.

Oh ok, although same concept, it's a little different than my setup. I probably just try cables from the same year Silverado but with a short bed and see if that help any with the length. Thanks