rear disc brakes on a 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if a disc brake setup from a 9c1 caprice or impala ss will bolt up? saw a couple at the jyard and it got me thinking.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The part's may bolt up, but the impala and caprice use 1/2 in. wheel stud's and our body style tuck's use 5/8's stud's so at very least you will have to enlarge the holes in the brake rotor, I am also running rear impala SS rotor's that I enlarged the holes on.

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
i'm gonna do some measuring tomorrow and what i can come up with. what brackets did you use? speedway?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No there was a guy on ebay that had an ebay store and he sold bracket's and braided lines everything to do the swap. I am using his bracket's and braided lines with front s-10 brake caliper's and impala ss drilled and slotted rotor's. I have 400$ in the whole thing. Well worth the money and man does it stop good!

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
here's the measurements i got from the impala ss backing plate. i did not have time to measure my truck. if anyone wants to check if out and post results, i'd be grateful
You must be registered for see images attach

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
no problem, thanks tho. i'll get to mine eventually, just between finishing putting a motor in my gf's bravada and trying to get some things done to my truck for Slamology this weekend, i haven't had much free time