rear bucket seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody have pics of how much modification of the seat risers is required to make buckets fit in the rear of a crew cab? I'd like to have the front and rear seats match, and I figure the best way is to have 4 of the same buckets, preferably Olds Silhouette leather seats since the 2nd row buckets are nearly identical but are not powered, don't have built in SRS airbags and I like the blueish grey colour option that would go well with my blue interior. Plus the relatively high availability of these vans at the pick n pull.

I've read about the installation in the front and I'm aware of everything, but rear buckets are a subject I couldnt find in my searches.

Thanks!

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
I have buckets in the rear of my Sub. Obviously a different riser tha a crew, but I just removed the flip and fold, and bolted 2 front bucket risers to the floor.

Sorry no pics.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was going to do this in my crew cab, but the problem is that the floor is shaped to fit over the gas tank on each side, and if you put a bucket seat's in there the riser's have to be up way too far forward towards the front seat's to clear the gas tank hump's. It would work but it look's like crap.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
I would guess that you could bolt the two outer holes of each bucket to the original mount holes of the riser, then weld some tabs, or two cross bars in the center to bolt the inner seat holes to.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about fabricating some brackets to incorporate the stock rear bench's mounting locations? The centre would be covered by a factory yukon/burb centre console so that would take care of hiding the brackets. I appreciate the comments, I live about 4 hours from the nearest pick n pull, so I have to make my driving time count.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
What about fabricating some brackets to incorporate the stock rear bench's mounting locations? The centre would be covered by a factory yukon/burb centre console so that would take care of hiding the brackets. I appreciate the comments, I live about 4 hours from the nearest pick n pull, so I have to make my driving time count.

I think thats what I meant.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
gotcha, I read your post wrong, reading back I can see what you mean