Rear blocks to lift '98 1500???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I replaced my keys when I did all the ball joints last week. Now the front is looking good and the rear is a little low. Do I need to add a leaf? No block like my buddys 1999 has. What have you guys done?

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
2" add a leafs is what I was told on another page. We will see.......

Mr_white_obs

Reaction score
Haven't done anything myself, but i am aware of many companies that do add-a-leafs as well as blocks. skyjacker comes to mind.

Add-a-leafs usually add 1-2 inches of height, and blocks are obviously just the height that you buy them at. In my opinion, add-a-leafs are a cleaner look, but blocks are much easier to install and also give a more specific spec on the height increase.

if i were in your shoes, i would be trying to find add-a-leafs

also, when you are pricing these out, u-bolts often need replacing when they are cut off. not sure if yours will or not...

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's wrong with blocks? Gm used them back in the 60s, Ford and Dodge used them, I have them on my Tundra, and have some in my Yukon. 2-3" block is fine, but more then look into leaves. Plus leaves will stiffen the ride.

Mr_white_obs

Reaction score
What's wrong with blocks? Gm used them back in the 60s, Ford and Dodge used them, I have them on my Tundra, and have some in my Yukon. 2-3" block is fine, but more then look into leaves. Plus leaves will stiffen the ride.

Absolutely nothing wrong with blocks. I'm actually running blocks myself. I just prefer a higher spring rather than blocking it if you can. It just 'feels' like a cleaner install to me.
You are right about the stiffer ride though... I hadn't really considered that. If you plan on towing anything with your rig it's a bonus i suppose, but as a regular half ton, blocks would definitely ride nicer.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with blocks, people who do off-roading seem to not like them as much, so I have read. :)