Re installing Torsion Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montess85

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK guys....So I am installing a 6 inch RCD lift kit on my 1999 K2500.....Had some issues with the driver side spindle not fitting and RCD had to get me a new one.... The problem I have is the truck has been sitting on Jack stands in my drivway for 6 weeks while I was jerking around with the customer service people...I finally have my spindle in and I am ready to put my torsion bars back in....Accept the marks I put on them have washed off lol....So my question is how do I re inndex them? Also how much do I have to tension them? I slid them in and put the key on but its either sticking really far below the torsion cross member or its so high up I can install the tension bold without the torsion tool....And its been apart so long I cant for the life of me remeber how far it stuck below before I took them out lol....Any tips? Pictures would be a big help too lol

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if you figured it out yet, but the instructions are wrong regarding the torsion bar crossmember drop brackets. I'll get some pics of mine shortly for you.

It wasted 2 days of me scratching my head before I called them and they told me that the manual needed to be updated.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is my driver's side. I have my lift set as low as I could reasonable set it FWIW....

You must be registered for see images attach

Let me know if you need any other pictures.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Your going to need a torsion bar tool (I highly recommend) or a ball joint press. Put then in with the key to far down to put the bolt in then clamp the tool on the dimple in the key next to where the bolt goes in. Compress the key until you can get the bolt block in and then very very slowly release the tension. Bj press is dangerous because it can slip, the proper tool has a notch on top that holds it in place.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
RCX sells a top notch torsion bar took that is fool proof. I own one, used to rent it out to members here. Look it up on their site.

Reaction score
Here is my driver's side. I have my lift set as low as I could reasonable set it FWIW....

Let me know if you need any other pictures.
Is that the only way to mount the tb support. My pro comp lift is done this wY and the bushing brackets keep breaking at the bends