RCX VS. Zone Offroad Suspension lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 98 RCSB and I am going to lift it very soon. I have read until my head hurt about all of the lifts still available for the OBS. I would like to find the CEPEK for a reasonable price, but they seem to be the holy grail and nowadays unattainable. The RCX seems to be a solid platform with decent reviews, but I would really rather not crank my bars to achieve the 6" of lift. I have been researching Zone Offroad's 6" suspension lift for the OBS and from the pictures it looks similar to the RCX, but I can't find a whole lot of other info. I am going to be running 35x12.50x20" Mud Grapplers. I am really curious to know if the zone offroad lift is an actual "full drop lift" or if it requires TB crank to achieve the advertised 6" of lift. What I did notice from the instructions is that it does NOT contail an AAL and only includes a 5" rear lift block.

Anyone ever installed one of the Zone lifts or know much about them?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you still have to crank the zone to get the full 6". On the RCX its not that much crank up to the full 6". The diff drop on it is over 5" so its less than an inch of crank.....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I vote RCX, I think that is what I will get when I lift mine. Also take a look at Full Throttle and Tuff Country, Skyjacker also has a good lift.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Full throttle is a 6.5" like the cepek, definitely a good option.

taco ed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro-- I have just spent 3 weeks looking at lifts talking to cats here and doing a TON of research.. So IF you have a 1/2 ton i.e 1500 go w/ the Full Throttle 6.5 lift it is an almost clone of the DC that you cant find now days -- Contact the cats at ORD and do a shackle reverse so you can get rid of the rear blocks that suck.. I am doing the 6 ( full 6 inch drop) Super Lift w/ the ORD shackle reverse and the True Lift torsion bar re locators (rec you do these this well) however they are on BO/Back order and you need to email those cats to be on the wait list. Zigs is a young guy but got my old fat Jar head ass on the right track he is running a PC pro comp true 6 and is happy w/ it -- I was going that route until last night. Good luck dont over think it-- go either FT or PC .. Good luck Taco ED

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:cheers: Taco

But yes, Taco is correct. My 6" Pro Comp has treated me well, but you can't beat the RCX kit for the price. And I think he means the Realift torsion bar relocators when he says "True Lift torsion bar relocators".

Last edited:

taco ed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do-- sorry for the typo guys.. it's real lift..

Reaction score
Thank you all for your input. the main reason that I was torn between the RCX and Zone kits is pretty much the price. The RCX I can get for 900.00 cash and drive the 2 hours to pick it up, but I don't want to sacrifice ride quality from a bunch of TB crank if my tires scrub... The zone kit I can get for 1300 including the steering stabilizer, and the N02 shocks. Personally its worth the extra $400.00 to not have to rely on the TB crank, and sacrifice ride and suspension geometry. Most of the other lifts out there are out of my price range. The FTS lift (at least on their website) is priced at over 2K. I would also like to stay away from a body lift if possible (just don't like the look). I know that there are tons of lift systems out there, but with me about to drop 2 grand on wheels and tires, and beyond that, a ton of body and paint work to rehab this old girl, I just cant afford the more expensive lift system. I did find someone that claims to have used the Zone kit and the measurements are exactly 6" for their lift without a TB crank. I love the look of the TB relocators, but that will come later.