rcx kit 276s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i added the keys to my RCX kit for the same problem...dont waste ur time or money...the shop couldnt even align my truck after...had to pull em back out and put the stock ones in. And also my truck dint sit level with this kit. I wasnt totally pleased. I just used mine with the 4 inch block and cranked it level. So my "6 inch" kit might be 5 on a good day lol

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
all the rcx are that way, the front is only a 4-5 inch drop or so, and the rest is crank, you aint just gonna bolt it in and be level you have to crank them up. aftermarket keys are worthless on these trucks ANYTIME!!

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea I called Rough Country and asked them about my situation...they said that the 4" kit and the 6" kit are the same kit just with the 6 you get an AAL...I personally didnt have 2 inches to crank out of my bars. So in hind sight....I wish I woulda spent the extra $300 on the Dick Cepek 6.5".

chevy power

Reaction score
well with all that being said. i know my issue is these t bars. today i cranked up another 1/2 inch and the truck is just about leveled. id say another 1/2 inch to level out. my right side t bar is just about maxed out. but the bar is weak so even at maxed out crank its riding ok.i put a floor jack under the front suspension to see how much articulation the front suspension has. it has plenty. my cv angles are good. im going to end up replacing these bars. ill post up some pics soon.

chevy power

Reaction score
it looks nice. heavy half? yours is a z71? seems like we have the same issue. your t bars may be worn like mine. but why couldnt it be alighned? the keys just make up for the sagging bars. when you put the keys on it leveled out ?

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes my truck is a z71 but came with a sf 14 bolt and a 4l80 from the factory..also has the heavy torsion bars and the 5 leaf spring pack..

mine was sitting alil low in the front after the rcx kit install...so in feb 2011...i ordered reallift relocators and rough country keys...it was a bear to install...the bars were almost totally maxxed out with the new keys and the torsion bar bolts were hanging out...we took them out thinking that we had indexed them wrong..repositioned them..same outcome...I decided to take it in to try and align it..local shop said that he couldnt even get it close to spec cuz the front was in such a bind. (i hope this isnt totally confusing)

anyhow..took it back home...put the stock keys back in and left the reallift relocators in...it seemed as though the relocators re-indexed my bars a bit and gave me just enuff adjustment to level the truck..whereas i couldnt get it level previously with just the rcx kit.