rcx kit 276s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy power

Reaction score
i recently purchased a rough country 276s kit 6 inch for my 1998 z71 ext cab. the problem is my front is sitting much lower than the rear. basically the truck is not leveled. i cranked up the tbars. my right side is almost maxed out. and my left is a little over half way cranked. he truck rides ok. i spoke with rough country and they stated the t bars may be worn and just need more cranking due to there age. and 4 wheel parts is saying to go with a pair of torsion bar keys that add lift. they say it will make up for the worn bars. it seems like my right side bar is much weaker then the left. i can pick up the bars from the daler at $220 each whats is your opinoinon this matter. ?? thanks

Last edited:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yeah sounds like the bars are worn out man. Consider removing a leaf from the rear springs?

chevy power

Reaction score
yes thought about just taking out the add a leaf to level it but im worried that in the future the bars will continue to sag more and more. if thats the issue of course. i may just throw those bars in there.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
buy the BARS, NOT the KEYS. rough country themselves told me just as others did, if the bars sag NO KEYS are gonna help only cause them to fail and sag more faster.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
try finding 3/4 ton or 1 ton bars at a junk yard. that's the cheapest route. but i think RC sells them.

chevy power

Reaction score
found bars at a local salvage yard for $45 each.off of a 1995 chevy ext cad 4x4 not a z71. but this may put me back at sqaure 1 if they are also old and sagging. ill be taking a chance this way.

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
never found any cheap ones at all, and NO rough country does NOT sell them anymore.

from what I have read 3/4 ton bars work you just have to flip sides, put the DS 3/4 ton on your 1/2 ton trucks PS. Use your stock 1/2 ton keys on them, and keep the keys on the right sides.

Last edited: