*RCX 6" Lift Install*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Pertaining to the rear:

Am I going about this correctly in that the add a leaf is installed here where I'm aiming in the pic?

You must be registered for see images attach

The second question I have:

Anyone else that's fine this, were your torsion bar keys adjusted evenly? Mine were about 3/8" different with the driver's side being lower. Driver side bolt being about 1.300" from the key to the head of the bolt and the passenger side about 0.900".

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
wbere the aal goes depends on the length. Find the leaf that's longer and the leaf that's shorter and stick it in there.
Torsion bars are probably just worn out is the reason why they are different

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Gotcha. The way the Rough Country instructions were worded left me confused.

Agreed but what got me is my old man bought the truck new in '98 and I bought it from him. The torsion bars haven't been changed since the factory put them in.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The key bolts are never the same, you adjust them individually to get the correct Z height on each side. That's what you want to match, not the adjuster bolts.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
The key bolts are never the same, you adjust them individually to get the correct Z height on each side. That's what you want to match, not the adjuster bolts.
Good to know, thanks. So when going back together I'll go by the measurement of the pavement to wheel well instead of adjuster bolt.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks. So when going back together I'll go by the measurement of the pavement to wheel well instead of adjuster bolt.
Ya that's how most people do it. Thats not the Z height, but if you want the truck level that's probably the best way to do it.